In FY 2018, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill (featuring five presentations a day). Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
Africa’s political and economic weaknesses, along with civil and regional strife, directly affect U.S. national security. At the same time, the presence of enormous energy, mineral and agricultural resources make several African states key components of the global economy. If Africa has largely been ignored in the foreign and economic affairs of the major powers in the past, it is clearly now on the international agenda. There has probably never been a better time to consider the challenges and promises of Africa to U.S. national interests. This one-day seminar will examine these issues.
- Africa Today: Resources, Conflicts and Migration
- The Growing Threat from ISIS and Al-Qaeda in Africa
- Africa Rising: Unexplained Success Stories…Despite Massive Problems
- The Growing Chinese Footprint in Africa
- South Africa: The Hopes and Disappointments of the “Rainbow Nation”
- India Challenges China in the Race for Africa’s Natural Resources
- Africa Rising: Political Choice, Market Reforms and Economic Growth
- Advancing U.S. Strategic Interests in a Turbulent North Africa
The fee for this one-day seminar is $24,580. Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a field program at your facility.
This is the best and most informative array of speakers I have ever had the pleasure to hear!K. Buckley, Air Force
Absolutely enjoyed the program's overall structure. The moderator did a great job of weaving the different topicsD. Merker, Air Force
Great speakers with decades of experience. Really appreciate the experience and perspectives.Attendee, Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017
Very good insights. I appreciate the world-class experts you assemble.P.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
I benefited from the left-leaning, democratic perspectives that juxtaposed the conservative perspectives. Keep it balanced—it was awesome!M.P., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar October 2016