In FY 2019, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
Africa’s political and economic weaknesses, along with civil and regional strife, directly affect U.S. national security. At the same time, the presence of enormous energy, mineral and agricultural resources make several African states key components of the global economy. If Africa has largely been ignored in the foreign and economic affairs of the major powers in the past, it is clearly now on the international agenda. There has probably never been a better time to consider the challenges and promises of Africa to U.S. national interests. This one-day seminar will examine these issues.
- Africa Today: Resources, Conflicts and Migration
- The Growing Threat from ISIS and Al-Qaeda in Africa
- Africa Rising: Unexplained Success Stories…Despite Massive Problems
- The Growing Chinese Footprint in Africa
- South Africa: The Hopes and Disappointments of the “Rainbow Nation”
- India Challenges China in the Race for Africa’s Natural Resources
- Africa Rising: Political Choice, Market Reforms and Economic Growth
- Advancing U.S. Strategic Interests in a Turbulent North Africa
Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a field program at your facility.
Excellent course, provided me some valuable insight into important issues. I leave here better equipped as a leader.H. Hutchison, Air Force
Really Outstanding, will highly recommend to others. Highly professional, thoughtful and experienced classmates greatly added to my positive experience in this class.W. Smith, Pentagon
Facilities, organization and speakers were superior. One of the best educational experiences I have had.W.J., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar March 2017
Exceptional breadth and depth of topics. Wonderful speakers and thought-provoking stories and perspectives. Really well done!! Thank YouD.D., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar October 2016
Absolutely enjoyed the program's overall structure. The moderator did a great job of weaving the different topicsD. Merker, Air Force