In FY 2018, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill (featuring five presentations a day). Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
Some parts of Central and South America are emerging as major players on the global economic stage, while others like Venezuela and Bolivia are resisting this historical transformation. Failure to reform these and other economies assures the continuation of internal instability; increased immigration; the proliferation of global terrorism; and provides opportunities for influence from countries such as Russia, China, and Iran, whose aspirations are not necessarily compatible with U.S. national and international security interests. This one-day seminar will explore these and other issues in U.S.-Latin America relations.
- Central and South America in Transition: Uncertainty and Shifting Coalitions
- Challenges Facing the New Administration in Latin America
- Political Economy of Extremes in the Southern Cone of the Americas
- China, North Korea and Iran in Latin America: Why We Should Care
- Transnational Crime: The Emerging Criminal/Terror Nexus in the Region
- Economic Opportunities and Security Challenges in Latin America
- Not Too Distant Neighbors: Misconceptions About Central America
- The Politics of Border Security…or Insecurity?
The fee for this one-day seminar is $24,580. Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a field program at your facility.
Excellent course, provided me some valuable insight into important issues. I leave here better equipped as a leader.H. Hutchison, Air Force
I consider myself well-read, but this seminar opened many areas that will require additional study, consideration, and preparation. Well done!T.H., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar February 2017
Very interesting group of speakers! Best seminar/program I’ve attended in 34 + years.P.F., Air Force • Leadership in a Transformational Age Seminar July 2016
Balanced program with multiple views on complex subjects—well worth my time!W.B., Pentagon • Enterprise Perspective Seminar April 2015
Fantastic program; great approach to the group in providing interesting/informative, though-provoking information. The day has been well worth my time.P.Z., Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017