In FY 2017-18, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill (featuring five presentations a day). Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
The Middle East and South Asia present the spectacle of profound economic and social transformations sweeping the region. Although the U.S. is less dependent on Middle Eastern oil than it was, the region remains central to U.S. strategic interests. The convergence of regional rivalries, great power competitions, and disruptions arising from civil strife and terrorism create global ripples threatening to both the U.S. and its allies will be examined in this one-day seminar.
- The Eastern Flank—South Asia and the Middle East: An Overview
- America’s Quandary in South Asia: Understanding the New Strategic Dynamics
- The Political and Economic Dynamics of the Iranian Challenge
- The Regional and International Implications of the War in Syria
- Afghanistan: Between the Push of Pakistan and the Pull of India
- Why India is Not a Great Power—Yet
- The Rise of Political Islam: Consequences to U.S. Security and National Interests< /li>
- Thoughts on American Leadership in the Middle East
The fee for this one-day seminar is $24,580. Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a field program at your facility.
Excellent overview of an incredibly important subject given world events and a new administration. Great insights. Great speakers. Well done!G.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
Very interesting group of speakers! Best seminar/program I’ve attended in 34 + years.P.F., Air Force • Leadership in a Transformational Age Seminar July 2016
Facilities, organization and speakers were superior. One of the best educational experiences I have had.W.J., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar March 2017
Balanced program with multiple views on complex subjects—well worth my time!W.B., Pentagon • Enterprise Perspective Seminar April 2015
End-to-end, an amazing group of speakers, with most diverse backgrounds. I could listen to each of the speakers for hours on end. Their collective knowledge is truly incredible.M. Chi, Defense Acquisition University - San Diego