In FY21, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations. These programs are also available as online video conferences.
The post-World War II order, with its array of international institutions and alliances, was largely inspired and created by American leadership. The collapse of the Soviet Union and its East European empire seemed to signal the ultimate triumph of human rights, democracy, and free market capitalism.
Many hoped the end of the cold war would usher in an era of free market competition and moderate political objectives. Unfortunately, the promise of unipolar and multipolar architecture seems to be evaporating as the world returns to an unstable, bipolar framework, essentially reaffirming the division between the maritime and the heartland states.
This one-day seminar will be sponsored in-house at various Department of Defense installations. This special foreign policy program will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss these and other critical issues with a group of nationally recognized speakers in an informal and off-the-record setting.
Areas to be covered are reflected in the topics below and may be changed to address current issues at the time of the seminar.
- China’s Goal of Global Leadership by 2049: The Implications for the West
- The Shifting Sands of the Strategic Global Architecture
- Why National Identiy and Demographic Change Affect Security
- Africa at the Crossroads: Political Choice, Borders, and Economic Growth
- Is Russia Reemerging as a Force in the International System?
- Global Strategic Competition in a Digital Age
- The Changing Nature of Terrorism and Transnational Crime
- Globalism vs. Sovereignty: The Vital Issue fo the Twenty-First Century
- The Emerging Markets Transformation—What It Means for America
- The Emerging Fractions in the EU: A Crisis of Migration and Populism
- The Role of Iran in a Turbulent Middle East
- NATO—Has Europe Become a Strategic Vacuum?
- China: Stakeholder or Subversive in the “Rules-Based” Western Political Order
A minimum purchase of two one-day programs is required. Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a field program at your facility.
Great speakers with decades of experience. Really appreciate the experience and perspectives.Attendee, Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017
Great opportunity for immersion in current events with experts with viewpoints based on deep academic study, history, etc., which informs a deeper understanding of the public policy debates.K.K., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar April 2014
Fantastic program; great approach to the group in providing interesting/informative, though-provoking information. The day has been well worth my time.P.Z., Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017
Very good insights. I appreciate the world-class experts you assemble.P.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
I consider myself well-read, but this seminar opened many areas that will require additional study, consideration, and preparation. Well done!T.H., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar February 2017