In FY 2017-18, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill (featuring five presentations a day). Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
Some parts of Central and South America are emerging as major players on the global economic stage, while others like Venezuela and Bolivia are resisting this historical transformation. Failure to reform these and other economies assures the continuation of internal instability; increased immigration; the proliferation of global terrorism; and provides opportunities for influence from countries such as Russia, China, and Iran, whose aspirations are not necessarily compatible with U.S. national and international security interests.
- Central and South America in Transition: Uncertainty and Shifting Coalitions
- Challenges Facing the New Administration in Latin America
- Political Economy of Extremes in the Southern Cone of the Americas
- China, North Korea and Iran in Latin America: Why We Should Care
- Transnational Crime: The Emerging Criminal/Terror Nexus in the Region
- Economic Opportunities and Security Challenges in Latin America
- Not Too Distant Neighbors: Misconceptions About Central America
- The Politics of Border Security…or Insecurity?
The fee for this one-day seminar is $24,580. Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a field program at your facility.
Very good insights. I appreciate the world-class experts you assemble.P.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
Fantastic program; great approach to the group in providing interesting/informative, though-provoking information. The day has been well worth my time.P.Z., Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017
Exceptionally relevant topics and highly-credentialed speakers; very thought-provoking, in a great way; all speakers were appropriate as were the topics. As well-run and organized a class/course as I’ve ever been to.
Absolutely enjoyed the program's overall structure. The moderator did a great job of weaving the different topicsD. Merker, Air Force
Excellent overview of an incredibly important subject given world events and a new administration. Great insights. Great speakers. Well done!G.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017