In FY 2019, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day national programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each national program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
The period after World War II was a remarkable period of international institution building, alliance construction and, in some cases, transnational integration. Today there seems to be an intensifying desire to assert or reassert sovereign control, and the evidence is everywhere. These movements may be benign or corrosive, but they are becoming the dominant feature of the world order.
Since the collapse of the Soviet Union and the 2008 economic crisis, it has become evident that there is a rising skepticism about earlier political and geographic alignments. Resentment about the intrusiveness of many international and transnational institutions is being fueled by massive migrations, economic dislocations, and disillusionment with traditional leadership. When strategic contexts change, so must policy, doctrine, and technology.
This seminar will offer attendees—with a group of nationally recognized experts—the opportunity to question and address options as to how the United States, with the world’s most impressive military assets, can maneuver in a world where size, strength and wealth may indeed be a significant handicap.
The following list will offer attendees a template of the types of issues that will likely be discussed.
- Why Globalism and Globalization Aren’t the Same Thing
- The Future of NATO, the EU and Multinational Organizations
- Why Fear, Uncertainty, and the Collapse of Social Structures Drive the Return to Identity Politics
- Regional Alienation and Nationalism: The Rise of City-States and Mega-City-States
- The Twenty-First Century and the March Toward a Global “Civil War”
- Socialism versus Capitalism: Why it is Vital to Understand the Collapse of the USSR
- The Fundamental Conflict Between Globalism and Sovereignty: The Impact on U.S. National Security
- China’s Challenge to the “Liberal” International Order: Proof that National Sovereignty Still Works?
- The Swing Between Globalism and Sovereignty…and Back Again
- The Enduring Impact of Culture and Lifespans of Civilizations
- The PRC and the 2019 Declaration of a New “30-Year-War”–What is our Long-Term Strategy?
- Weathering the Storm: Refugees, Populism, and the Brexit Challenge to the European Union Order
Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a national program at your facility.
Balanced program with multiple views on complex subjects—well worth my time!W.B., Pentagon • Enterprise Perspective Seminar April 2015
Excellent course, provided me some valuable insight into important issues. I leave here better equipped as a leader.H. Hutchison, Air Force
Truly outstanding insight/superior historical background and great stories born throughout scars of experience; I attended National War College and they are known for great speakers/first-hand experience - yours were better. Huge thanks; extremely well done!M. Weaver, Wright Patterson Airforce Base
Absolutely enjoyed the program's overall structure. The moderator did a great job of weaving the different topicsD. Merker, Air Force
Great speakers with decades of experience. Really appreciate the experience and perspectives.Attendee, Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017