In FY 2019, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day national programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each national program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
The convergence of regional rivalries and sectarian, political, and criminal conflicts in the Middle East and South Asia compel renewed American attention. As disruptions caused by the Syrian civil war and radical Islam spill over into Europe, the latest wave of Turkish and Middle East tensions have only added to the regional uncertainty.
In recent years Iran has compounded its political and military influence from Syria and Iraq to Yemen. At the same time an assertive China, while vying for dominance in South Asia, has moved into the Middle East and Africa, presenting the United States and its regional allies with fresh challenges—and the risks that come with them.
This one-day seminar will be sponsored in-house at various Department of Defense installations. This special foreign policy program will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss these and other critical issues with a group of nationally recognized speakers in an informal and off-the-record setting.
Areas to be covered are reflected in the topics below and may be changed to address current issues at the time of the seminar.
- The Middle East: A Strategic Vacuum of Chaos
- America’s Strategic Quandaries in South Asia
- Europe, Turkey and the Middle East: Current Tensions and Future Prospects
- America’s Syria Options and the Broader Struggles in the Middle East
- Egypt’s Resurgence as the Pivotal Power in the Middle East
- Five Small Countries—Huge U.S. Equities: Yemen, Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain and Oman
- Why India is Not Yet a Great Power
- Persian Gulf Paradoxes: Iran, Saudi Arabia and U.S. Strategic Interests
- Pakistan, Afghanistan and the United States—The Future of a Dangerous Region
- The Continuing Crisis in Turkish-American Relations
- Air Power and the Resumption of U.S. Dominance in a Transformed Red Sea Theater
- Puzzles and Dilemmas in the Middle East adn South Asia: Culture, Leadership and Political Order
Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a national program at your facility.
Without a doubt the best seminar/training program I have ever experienced during 40 years in federal service. I would take this course once a quarter if possible and have all my people do so also.USCG Attendee, White House Workshop • September, 2014
Exceptional breadth and depth of topics. Wonderful speakers and thought-provoking stories and perspectives. Really well done!! Thank YouD.D., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar October 2016
The experience and breadth of knowledge of all the speakers was spectacular. Their chosen topics for discussion were absolutely relevant to this audience and we were provided several themes that help to guide our planning assumptions.J.C., Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017
Excellent overview of an incredibly important subject given world events and a new administration. Great insights. Great speakers. Well done!G.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
Balanced program with multiple views on complex subjects—well worth my time!W.B., Pentagon • Enterprise Perspective Seminar April 2015