In FY19-20, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day national programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each national program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
Where do cyber and artificial intelligence (AI) fit into the near-term national security framework? This is a critical question at a time when legacy systems and missions still command the bulk of budgets and manpower at the expense of innovative technologies, structures, and doctrine.
This special foreign policy seminar will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss these critical issues with a group of nationally recognized speakers in an informal and off-the-record setting.
The following list will offer Air Force attendees a template of the types of issues that will likely be discussed.
- How do we exercise deterrence with cyber and strategic information dominance in the post-nuclear age?
- How do we achieve a balance between legacy force structures and legacy doctrines with the unscripted new warfighting methods?
- What is the impact of changing power capabilities and aspirations of major powers such as the People’s Republic of China and emerging middle powers such as Iran and Turkey?
- Will the West retain sufficient aerial and space dominance in the coming decades?
- How vulnerable are assets to hostile cyber and information dominance?
- Is our AI Ecosystem—from robotics to unmanned vehicles—sufficiently ahead, or are lagging behind our adversaries’ capabilities?
- How will advanced kinetic weapons such as hyper-sonics and anti-satellite weapons impact the Air Force mission?
- The Strategic Implications of Quantum Computing
Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a national program at your facility.
The speakers were excellent & the seminar was well-organized. I would definitely attend a future Alan Freed event.S.F., Department of Homeland Security • Global Security Seminar February 2017
Very good insights. I appreciate the world-class experts you assemble.P.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
I benefited from the left-leaning, democratic perspectives that juxtaposed the conservative perspectives. Keep it balanced—it was awesome!M.P., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar October 2016
Format is terrific! Lots of speakers from across government enterprise and no power points. Plenty of time for engaging dialogue. I love to hear what experts and insiders have to say about out WDC enterprise.J. Haywood, Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Fantastic program; great approach to the group in providing interesting/informative, though-provoking information. The day has been well worth my time.P.Z., Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017