In FY 2019, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day national programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each national program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations. The seminar can be designed to address specific issues and areas of concern to the attendees.
The post-World War II order, with its array of international institutions and alliances, was largely inspired and created by American leadership. The collapse of the Soviet Union and its East European empire seemed to signal the ultimate triumph of human rights, democracy, and free market capitalism.
Many hoped the end of the cold war would usher in an era of free market competition and moderate political objectives. Unfortunately, the promise of unipolar and multipolar architecture seems to be evaporating as the world returns to an unstable, bipolar framework, essentially reaffirming the division between the maritime and the heartland states.
This one-day seminar will be sponsored in-house at various Department of Defense installations. This special foreign policy program will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss these and other critical issues with a group of nationally recognized speakers in an informal and off-the-record setting.
Areas to be covered are reflected in the topics below and may be changed to address current issues at the time of the seminar.
- China’s Goal of Global Leadership by 2049: The Implications for the West
- The Shifting Sands of the Strategic Global Architecture
- Why National Identiy and Demographic Change Affect Security
- Africa at the Crossroads: Political Choice, Borders, and Economic Growth
- Is Russia Reemerging as a Force in the International System?
- Global Strategic Competition in a Digital Age
- The Changing Nature of Terrorism and Transnational Crime
- Globalism vs. Sovereignty: The Vital Issue fo the Twenty-First Century
- The Emerging Markets Transformation—What It Means for America
- The Emerging Fractions in the EU: A Crisis of Migration and Populism
- The Role of Iran in a Turbulent Middle East
- NATO—Has Europe Become a Strategic Vacuum?
- China: Stakeholder or Subversive in the “Rules-Based” Western Political Order
Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a national program at your facility.
Exceptionally relevant topics and highly-credentialed speakers; very thought-provoking, in a great way; all speakers were appropriate as were the topics. As well-run and organized a class/course as I’ve ever been to.
Really Outstanding, will highly recommend to others. Highly professional, thoughtful and experienced classmates greatly added to my positive experience in this class.W. Smith, Pentagon
I consider myself well-read, but this seminar opened many areas that will require additional study, consideration, and preparation. Well done!T.H., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar February 2017
Facilities, organization and speakers were superior. One of the best educational experiences I have had.W.J., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar March 2017
Very good insights. I appreciate the world-class experts you assemble.P.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017