In FY 2019, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day national programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each national program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
The interests and values of the United States are inextricably tied to states, both large and small, and movements, benign and hostile, throughout the world. At the same time, current U.S. security concerns are broader and more multi-dimensional than at any other time in the nation’s history.
The vast network of Department of Defense bases and installations must confront a global environment that is not only daunting in its complexity, but also one that is undergoing vast social, political, and economic changes. Whether the issues are economic, cultural, or ideological, together they form a dynamic challenge to the wisdom and the resources of our foreign policy and defense leadership.
This one-day seminar will be sponsored in-house at various DOD installations. This special foreign policy program will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss these and other critical issues with a group of nationally recognized speakers in an informal and off-the-record setting.
Areas to be covered are reflected in the topics below and may be changed to address current issues at the time of the seminar.
- Implications of a Restructured Global Political Environment
- Emerging Chinese Military, Space and Security Concerns
- The Chinese Communist Party: Plans for Survival
- The Rise of 21st Century Socialism: A Threat to National Security?
- The Cyber-War Theater: Faultlines and Frontlines in the War of the Future
- Turmoil in the Middle East and Its Importance to Europe
- Global Engagement: Combating Terrorism and Irregular Warfare
- Leadership in a Transformational Age: American Power and Global Order
- Putin’s Russia and the Implications for U.S. National Security
- Emerging Threats adn Why History Matters
- Immigration: Addressing the Political Security Challenges
- Has Cyber Overtaken Nuclear as the Strategic Weapon of Choice?
Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a national program at your facility.
The speakers were excellent & the seminar was well-organized. I would definitely attend a future Alan Freed event.S.F., Department of Homeland Security • Global Security Seminar February 2017
Great speakers with decades of experience. Really appreciate the experience and perspectives.Attendee, Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017
Absolutely enjoyed the program's overall structure. The moderator did a great job of weaving the different topicsD. Merker, Air Force
Exceptional breadth and depth of topics. Wonderful speakers and thought-provoking stories and perspectives. Really well done!! Thank YouD.D., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar October 2016
Exceptionally relevant topics and highly-credentialed speakers; very thought-provoking, in a great way; all speakers were appropriate as were the topics. As well-run and organized a class/course as I’ve ever been to.