In FY20, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
China poses the core challenge to America. The stunning rise of the Chinese state, not only as a global economic power but also as a major geopolitical force, has altered the calculations of every society on the perimeter of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. China as a worldwide power tests the wisdom and skill, as well as the tenacity and agility, of the United States. Yet China faces its own existential challenges which are little understood in the West.
Drawing upon the knowledge and experience of a diverse group of prominent experts on China as well as East and South Asia, this seminar will address the historic challenges to U.S. national security interests presented by the rise of China and the changes sweeping through the Indo-Pacific.
This one-day seminar will be sponsored in-house at various Department of Defense installations. This special foreign policy program will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss these and other critical issues with a group of nationally recognized speakers in an informal and off-the-record setting.
Areas to be covered are reflected in the topics below and may be changed to address current issues at the time of the seminar.
- North Korea: Disruption or Opportunity in North Asia?
- Southeast Asia: The Strategic Pivot Point of the Indo-Pacific
- China’s Fundamental Challenge to the Global Order
- The Flashpoints of the South and East China Sea
- China, India and Africa: A Strategic Triangle of Competition?
- Why Taiwan is Central to Beijing’s Strategy
- China on the Prowl: Becoming a Middle East Player?
- U.S.-China Relations: Perilous Past, Dangerous Present
- Japan and China: Destined for Confrontation?
- Changing American Perceptions of China and Strategic Alternatives
- Japan and Russia: Ending China’s Monopoly on the New Silk Road
- The New Japan, United States, and Australian Axis
A minimum purchase of two one-day programs is required. Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a field program at your facility.
The speakers were excellent & the seminar was well-organized. I would definitely attend a future Alan Freed event.S.F., Department of Homeland Security • Global Security Seminar February 2017
Very good insights. I appreciate the world-class experts you assemble.P.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
Facilities, organization and speakers were superior. One of the best educational experiences I have had.W.J., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar March 2017
Felt like “Neo” in the Matrix—mass influx of expert information in a concise and rapid-fire format. Awesome!J.P., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar May 2015
Exceptionally relevant topics and highly-credentialed speakers; very thought-provoking, in a great way; all speakers were appropriate as were the topics. As well-run and organized a class/course as I’ve ever been to.