In FY19-20, Alan L. Freed Associates is offering a menu of one-day field programs that can be presented at military installations around the United States. The format for each field program is identical to the programs held on Capitol Hill. Please note that each program can be modified to address specific areas of concern to individual agencies/organizations.
The convergence of regional rivalries and sectarian, political, and criminal conflicts in the Middle East and South Asia compel renewed American attention. As disruptions caused by the Syrian civil war and radical Islam spill over into Europe, the latest wave of Turkish and Middle East tensions have only added to the regional uncertainty.
In recent years Iran has compounded its political and military influence from Syria and Iraq to Yemen. At the same time an assertive China, while vying for dominance in South Asia, has moved into the Middle East and Africa, presenting the United States and its regional allies with fresh challenges—and the risks that come with them.
This one-day seminar will be sponsored in-house at various Department of Defense installations. This special foreign policy program will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss these and other critical issues with a group of nationally recognized speakers in an informal and off-the-record setting.
Areas to be covered are reflected in the topics below and may be changed to address current issues at the time of the seminar.
- The Middle East: A Strategic Vacuum of Chaos
- America’s Strategic Quandaries in South Asia
- Europe, Turkey and the Middle East: Current Tensions and Future Prospects
- America’s Syria Options and the Broader Struggles in the Middle East
- Egypt’s Resurgence as the Pivotal Power in the Middle East
- Five Small Countries—Huge U.S. Equities: Yemen, Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain and Oman
- Why India is Not Yet a Great Power
- Persian Gulf Paradoxes: Iran, Saudi Arabia and U.S. Strategic Interests
- Pakistan, Afghanistan and the United States—The Future of a Dangerous Region
- The Continuing Crisis in Turkish-American Relations
- Air Power and the Resumption of U.S. Dominance in a Transformed Red Sea Theater
- Puzzles and Dilemmas in the Middle East adn South Asia: Culture, Leadership and Political Order
Please call 703-684-8807 to obtain further information about a national program at your facility.
Felt like “Neo” in the Matrix—mass influx of expert information in a concise and rapid-fire format. Awesome!J.P., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar May 2015
Truly outstanding insight/superior historical background and great stories born throughout scars of experience; I attended National War College and they are known for great speakers/first-hand experience - yours were better. Huge thanks; extremely well done!M. Weaver, Wright Patterson Airforce Base
Speakers bring a refreshing perspective on government/politics and social economics (U.S and foreign). Great Insight to happenings on the Hill, Pentagon and White House.J. Falbo, Navy
Great opportunity for immersion in current events with experts with viewpoints based on deep academic study, history, etc., which informs a deeper understanding of the public policy debates.K.K., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar April 2014
Facilities, organization and speakers were superior. One of the best educational experiences I have had.W.J., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar March 2017