The Middle East and South Asia Field Seminar will be delivered on site—either on-base or at a suitable nearby hotel. Unlike the programs held on Capitol Hill, class size for field programs will not be limited. Attendee grade and rank requirements, as well, will be at your discretion.
The morning session will feature an introductory segment that will provide an overview of the region and address key themes we are likely to discuss. Four separate presentations will follow. We will then break for lunch.
In the afternoon all of the faculty will participate in an “audience-driven” panel discussion. The interactive panel is identical to the program developed for the “Advanced Senior Leader Development Seminar” held for Major Generals and Tier 2 Senior Executive Service members.
Note: This seminar may also be live-streamed from Capitol Hill to your location.
The following is a sample of the topics discussed in previous seminars:
- Middle East and South Asia Brief
- The Iran Challenge and the Future of U.S.-Iranian Relations
- Rebuilding Arab Defense: U.S. Security Cooperation in the Middle East and North Africa
- Saudi Arabia and Long-Term U.S. Strategic Thinking
- The Egypt Brief: Politics, Economics, Foreign Policy, and National Security
- Turkey at the Crossroads: Geopolitics, Economics, and Security
- Pakistan on the Brink: Security, Politics, and Economics
- The Drivers of Russia’s Strategy in the Middle East
- India’s Strategic and Military Policy Towards Russia, China, and the United States
- From Chaos to Cooperation: Toward a New Regional Order in the Middle East
- The Evolving Geopolitical Orders in the Middle East and South Asia
- The Middle East and South Asia: Demographics, Geopolitics, Commerce and Security
- Enter the Dragon: China’s Rise in the Middle East and South Asia
- How the Arab Media Has Transformed the Region
- From Syria to Latin America: From Crisis to Conflict
- Whither Afghanistan After the U.S. Withdrawal?
- Why Security Cooperation with the Middle East Matters
These seminars are considered a small purchase. Payment can generally be made with an authorized credit card.
Please call 703-684-8807 for further information.
Without a doubt the best seminar/training program I have ever experienced during 40 years in federal service. I would take this course once a quarter if possible and have all my people do so also.USCG Attendee, White House Workshop • September, 2014
Exceptional breadth and depth of topics. Wonderful speakers and thought-provoking stories and perspectives. Really well done!! Thank YouD.D., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar October 2016
Excellent course, provided me some valuable insight into important issues. I leave here better equipped as a leader.H. Hutchison, Air Force
I benefited from the left-leaning, democratic perspectives that juxtaposed the conservative perspectives. Keep it balanced—it was awesome!M.P., Air Force • Enterprise Perspective Seminar October 2016
Absolutely enjoyed the program's overall structure. The moderator did a great job of weaving the different topicsD. Merker, Air Force