China has massively altered the strategic calculations of every nation on the perimeter of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Despite the rise of the Chinese state as a global economic power and political force, there is no doubt that China faces numerous existential challenges that are often misunderstood by the West.
This program will address in detail the current historical changes sweeping through China and East Asia and address, through discussions with a group of experts, the security challenges facing the United Sates Department of Defense in the coming years.
This one-day program is broadcast live from the Capitol Hill Club and streamed via YouTube (or other available platforms) to military bases and personnel around the world. The program will feature a minimum of four presentations in the morning followed by an open panel discussion in the afternoon. Questions from the attendees will be fielded by the program moderator via “chat.”
- North Korea: Disruption or Opportunity on the Korean Peninsula
- China’s Fundamental Challenge to the Global Order
- U.S.-China Relations: Perilous Past, Dangerous Present
- Japan and China: Destined for Confrontation?
- Changing American Perceptions of China and the New Strategic Alternatives
- Is China’s Monopoly on the New Silk Road Coming to an End?
- China’s Economic Performance—A Reality Check
- The Evolution of Chinese Commercial Interests in African Markets
- China and Asia in the Post-COVID World
- China, India, and Africa: A Strategic Triangle of Conflict
- The Push and Pull of U.S. China Trade
- China’s Demographic Challenges in the Middle East
Excellent overview of an incredibly important subject given world events and a new administration. Great insights. Great speakers. Well done!G.G., Air Force • Transnational Issues Seminar April 2017
Exceptionally relevant topics and highly-credentialed speakers; very thought-provoking, in a great way; all speakers were appropriate as were the topics. As well-run and organized a class/course as I’ve ever been to.
Format is terrific! Lots of speakers from across government enterprise and no power points. Plenty of time for engaging dialogue. I love to hear what experts and insiders have to say about out WDC enterprise.J. Haywood, Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Excellent course, provided me some valuable insight into important issues. I leave here better equipped as a leader.H. Hutchison, Air Force
Fantastic program; great approach to the group in providing interesting/informative, though-provoking information. The day has been well worth my time.P.Z., Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017