China has massively altered the strategic calculations of every nation on the perimeter of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Despite the rise of the Chinese state as a global economic power and political force, there is no doubt that China faces numerous existential challenges that are often misunderstood by the West.
This program will address in detail the current historical changes sweeping through China and East Asia and address, through discussions with a group of experts, the security challenges facing the United Sates Department of Defense in the coming years.
This one-day program is broadcast live from the Capitol Hill Club and streamed via YouTube (or other available platforms) to military bases and personnel around the world. The program will feature a minimum of four presentations in the morning followed by an open panel discussion in the afternoon. Questions from the attendees will be fielded by the program moderator via “chat.”
- North Korea: Disruption or Opportunity on the Korean Peninsula
- China’s Fundamental Challenge to the Global Order
- U.S.-China Relations: Perilous Past, Dangerous Present
- Japan and China: Destined for Confrontation?
- Changing American Perceptions of China and the New Strategic Alternatives
- Is China’s Monopoly on the New Silk Road Coming to an End?
- China’s Economic Performance—A Reality Check
- The Evolution of Chinese Commercial Interests in African Markets
- China and Asia in the Post-COVID World
- China, India, and Africa: A Strategic Triangle of Conflict
- The Push and Pull of U.S. China Trade
- China’s Demographic Challenges in the Middle East
Exceptionally relevant topics and highly-credentialed speakers; very thought-provoking, in a great way; all speakers were appropriate as were the topics. As well-run and organized a class/course as I’ve ever been to.
Absolutely enjoyed the program's overall structure. The moderator did a great job of weaving the different topicsD. Merker, Air Force
Very interesting group of speakers! Best seminar/program I’ve attended in 34 + years.P.F., Air Force • Leadership in a Transformational Age Seminar July 2016
The experience and breadth of knowledge of all the speakers was spectacular. Their chosen topics for discussion were absolutely relevant to this audience and we were provided several themes that help to guide our planning assumptions.J.C., Joint Enabling Capabilities Command • Professional Development Course February 2017
Felt like “Neo” in the Matrix—mass influx of expert information in a concise and rapid-fire format. Awesome!J.P., Air Force • National and International Secuirty Leadership Seminar May 2015