The Transnational Issues Field Seminar will be delivered on site—either on-base or at a suitable nearby hotel. Unlike the programs held on Capitol Hill, class size for field programs will not be limited. Attendee grade and rank requirements, as well, will be at your discretion.
The morning session will feature an introductory segment that will provide an overview of the region and address key themes we are likely to discuss. Four separate presentations will follow. We will then break for lunch.
In the afternoon all of the faculty will participate in an “audience-driven” panel discussion. The interactive panel is identical to the program developed for the “Advanced Senior Leader Development Seminar” held for Major Generals and Tier 2 Senior Executive Service members.
Note: This seminar may also be live-streamed from Capitol Hill to your location.
The following is a sample of the topics discussed in previous seminars:
- An Overview of Transnational Trends Shaping Our Future
- Criminal States in Latin America, Transnational Crime and the Crime-Terror Nexus
- Punching Above Their Weight: Gulf Arab States and Transnational Power Projection
- Northeast Asia Challenges in the Shadow of North Korea
- Transnational Terrorism Trends and U.S. National Security
- Reflections on 20th Century Strategic Technologies—and Their Unanticipated Consequences
- The Immigration Challenge and Border Security
- China and Transnational Supply Chains in an Era of Conflict and Deglobalization
- Russian Political and Economic Propaganda and the Reality of War
- Transnational Clash of Ideas and the Intellectual Foundations of the Western World
- Globalism vs Sovereignty: The Vital Issue of the 21st Century
- Global Warring: Will Environmental Crises Redraw the World Map
- Nuclear Weapons, Proliferation, and U.S. National Security from Tripoli to Tehran and Beyond
- The New Great Game in Space: From Geopolitics and Astro-politics
These seminars are considered a small purchase. Payment can generally be made with an authorized credit card.
Please call 703-684-8807 for further information.
Balanced program with multiple views on complex subjects—well worth my time!W.B., Pentagon • Enterprise Perspective Seminar April 2015
Speakers bring a refreshing perspective on government/politics and social economics (U.S and foreign). Great Insight to happenings on the Hill, Pentagon and White House.J. Falbo, Navy
Truly outstanding insight/superior historical background and great stories born throughout scars of experience; I attended National War College and they are known for great speakers/first-hand experience - yours were better. Huge thanks; extremely well done!M. Weaver, Wright Patterson Airforce Base
Very interesting group of speakers! Best seminar/program I’ve attended in 34 + years.P.F., Air Force • Leadership in a Transformational Age Seminar July 2016
Excellent course, provided me some valuable insight into important issues. I leave here better equipped as a leader.H. Hutchison, Air Force